Kansas City has had a relatively mild winter so far this year. In fact, in recent weeks we’ve had some beautiful, unseasonably warm days. This warmer weather has given us all a taste of spring weather and may have you thinking about your lawn and landscape. The KC Remodel + Garden Show, taking place February 6-8 at the American Royal Center, is the perfect opportunity to get a jump start on your spring gardening plans.
The KC Remodel + Garden Show is the largest consumer show in the area, drawing in more than 35,000 consumers and featuring more than 500 exhibitors. The KC Remodel + Garden Show showcases the latest home and garden products and services. Local experts, including Supreme Green Landworks, will be sharing expertise on how to improve your outdoor living space and share the latest trends for 2015. Products and services exhibited will include landscaping, power equipment, statuary, lawn maintenance, water gardens, decks, plants and bulbs, seeds, outdoor furniture, outdoor décor, stonework, hardscaping, fountains, gazebos, fencing, garden tools, mulch, fertilizer, driveways, and more.
In addition to appearances by local outdoor living experts, the KC Remodel + Garden Show will include several celebrity appearances, including:
- Kevin O’Connor, host of This Old House
- Leanne Lee – blogger at Diva of DIY
- Joel Karsten, creator and author of “Straw Bale Gardening”
Highlights of the 2015 KC Remodel + Garden Show include:
- Butterfly house – The 2015 Butterfly House will feature 500 Painted Lady butterflies, one of the larger and more colorful varieties of butterflies. Garden expert William H. Brown will give tips for designing beautiful gardens that will attract butterflies to your own backyard.
- Water Gardens: Snapshots of Nature – The Water Garden Society of Greater Kansas City will build a freestanding water garden to showcase the many aspects and benefits of water gardening. The displays will use new and innovative materials, including natural rock.
- The Pet Pavilion – The Pet Pavilion focuses on products and services that improve and optimize your pet’s health, safety, and happiness.
- Extreme Pet Houses – Local members of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry will participate in an exhibit featuring extravagant pet houses. The contestants will build pet houses that will be auctioned, with proceeds benefiting KC Pet Project.
Don’t forget to stop by and visit Supreme Green Landworks’ booth.